Carbonio's latest carbon fiber intake for the 2.0 TFSI & 1.8 TFSI engine is a ram air design that completely seperates the intake filter from the engine bay. Building from years of experience on and off the race track, Carbonio's and APR's engineering teams have spent countless hours developing a true cold air and ram air carbon fiber design that can be recreated affordably for the street performance enthusiast.
Carbonio and APR have gone even further to maintain all OEM specifications necessary to integrate cohesively with an otherwise stock engine to avoid raising eyebrows at the dealership. Flexibility was another characteristic of Carbonio's and APR's design whereas the new TFSI intake is also suitable for Stage 1 and Stage 2 modified engines all the way up to and beyond APR's K04 Turbocharger System.
Constructed of aerospace grade carbon fiber and designed to remove intake restriction, APRs Carbonio intake system provides smoother transitional airflow, increased air velocity, superior insulation of the incoming air to reduce intake air temperatures and a larger volume of available air to aid throttle response and turbocharger spool.
Ram air induction is accomplished by maintaining the oem air inlet opening at the front of the leading hood edge which is the highest pressure area of airflow across the entire vehicle. Placement of the air filter as close to this high pressure zone as possible results in overcoming some of the airflow restriction created by even the highest flow air filters available.
- Increased Horsepower and Torque
- Improved Throttle Response
- Decreased Turbo 'Lag'
- Improved Fuel Economy
- Enhanced Engine Volumetric Efficiency
- Enhanced Sound of Turbo Diverter Valve
- Installs in an Hour (does not require bumper or headlight removal)
- Maintains Clean Appearance by Retaining Factory Engine Cover
- Maintains All Factory Emissions Components
- Fits Both Manual and Automatic Transmissions
- Fully Compatible and Complimentary with APR Software and Exhaust systems
- Maintains the Thermostatically Controlled OEM Flap Valve Assembly from the Factory Airbox